Featured below are a few representative examples of how we've helped clients in each of our service areas.
REAL ESTATE, ZONING & LAND USE
MUSIC MOUNTAIN THEATRE
West Amwell Township, NJ
Mongelli Law Group represented the property owner/developer to obtain land use approvals for this 250-seat performing arts center operated by a non-profit corporation.
RAGO ART & AUCTION
Mongelli Law Group represented the owners of this world-renowned auction house to expand their operations through the acquisition of an adjacent industrial property, and obtaining the necessary zoning approval for the project.
Mongelli Law Group represented the owner of this year-round, indoor community market to obtain required land use approvals to operate its business.
Mongelli Law Group worked with the visionary developer of this project in acquiring the real estate, project financing and land use approvals for this beloved restaurant, market and local artists’ gallery.
Mongelli Law Group represented the property owner/developer in acquiring the real estate, project financing and land use approvals for this restaurant.
Mongelli Law Group is litigation counsel to the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR). We obtained a successful trial verdict for this world-wide Church after a five-day trial in Atlantic City involving a dissident parish seeking to take property from the Church. Read more about this case in this article (pdf) from The Wall Street Journal.
In another lawsuit for ROCOR, we represented our client in Nyack, New York, where we obtained a pre-trial dismissal of a lawsuit filed by a dissident parishioner. We were also successful in defending this pre-trial dismissal on appeal to the New York State Appellate Division.
Mongelli Law Group recently obtained a $455,000 verdict for a financial services client in a breach of contract trial in Mercer County. Our client hired a “Knowledge Management” firm to implement artificial intelligence software. When the implementation failed, we were forced to initiate suit against the consulting firm. Despite our repeated efforts to resolve the lawsuit during trial, those efforts failed and we were compelled to litigate this matter over five days.
Mongelli Law Group Represented:
- An investor in a joint venture that was developing a health club facility and sports complex. We drafted the operating agreement that governed our client's relationship with his joint venture partners and provided anti-dilution measures to protect his investment, as well as an exit strategy that would allow our client to liquidate his investment at the appropriate opportunity.
- A client in the acquisition of a controlling interest in a privately-held ship and cargo brokerage and logistics firm doing business globally. In addition to our due diligence of the transaction, we drafted the shareholder agreement that protected our client's control stake in this firm. Mongelli Law Group remains as corporate counsel to this growing international business.
- A client who partnered with a nationally known hospitality entrepreneur and a prominent finance executive to grow a salon business in a remodeled historic building in a popular river town. The operating agreement that we drafted provided our client the operating flexibility to manage the business utilizing her expertise, while protecting her proprietary rights in her brand and her product line.
- A client, an environmental engineer, who purchased an engineering and environmental science company from its founding partner. The project involved complex insurance coverage issues for this professional services firm, and intensive due diligence due to the many years of ongoing business operations and indemnification obligations.
- Owners of a historic inn, restaurant and tavern in the sale of the building, restaurant and liquor license.
- Served as a general counsel to a family-owned beverage company, representing them in ongoing corporate, real estate and employment matters.
- A NY merchant banking firm that provides investment banking services to the energy sector in a cooperation agreement with an Amsterdam bank.
- The buyers of a nationally recognized, award-winning inn, in connection with the acquisition of the real estate and ongoing business operations of this asset.
- A client in connection with a joint venture to develop an oil terminal in South America.